Monday, February 17, 2014

What I'm Loving Today: Green Martinis

VIA FOOD FANATICS
I read somewhere that the Quinoa and Kale Martini is the top selling cocktail on the bar menu at The Proprietors Bar & Wine in Nantucket, Massachusetts. Fortunately, I don't have to travel to Massachusetts to see what all the buzz is about as I just found the recipe on the Food Fanatics website.

If you've ever checked out my Health & Happiness board on Pinterest, you'll know that I am a fan of green smoothies, although I've resisted the "salad cocktails". However, more and more of our clients are adding Kale and Quinoa to their menus,so  it won't be long before we start seeing more "healthy" offerings on the bar.

Would you serve green "salad" cocktails at your wedding or event?

Quinoa Vodka, Arugula, Kale and Lemon Martini
  • 2 to 2 ½ ounces fair trade quinoa vodka
  • 1 ounce lemon juice
  • 1 ounce arugula syrup
  • 1 ounce kale juice
  • 1 carrot, pickled
Shake vigorously and strain into chilled glass. Garnish with pickled carrot. Makes 1 serving.

No comments: