Sunday, December 1, 2013

Get the look: West Elm’s Party in a Box

When I saw West Elm’s multi-color Party in a Box kit last month, I got really excited because the blue, green and pink honeycombs complement the miniature tinsel trees I'd bought at Urban Outfitters a few years ago. However, I don’t need the bar set (although the speakeasy coupes are super cute) and I want a fuller look, so I went to the honeycomb's manufacturer’s website, bought a bunch, and voila! Well, not really. After scouring the web and my local party supply store for hours last Saturday, I was finally able to recreate both looks – one for Christmas and one for New Year’s!  

I found them at Factory Direct Party, Beistle and Sugar Confetti. Not trusting the blues and greens at Factory Direct Party, I purchased those from Sugar Confetti.

Multi-color kit honeycombs and fan – At Sugar Confetti, the colors are Cerise (pink), Teal (blue) and Light Green (green). At Factory Direct Party, they’re Cerise (pink), Turquoise (blue) and Teal (green), I think. See the colors of the multi-color kit up close on my Instagram page, and follow me to see them hung.

The silver mylar fan and ball – I found these at Beistle. I also found the ball at my local party supply store, but they were out of fans. I skipped the confetti, because I don’t want to be vacuuming it up forever, but those can easily be found at your local party supply store as well.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: