Monday, April 22, 2013

Destination: Austin

I spent the weekend in Austin, TX conducting site inspections for an upcoming event. During my tours I happened upon two weddings being set up. As a wedding planner, I frown upon the random people who show up during setup and indiscriminately click away, so I only took two discreet photos to share with you.
This one of the centerpiece of a rustic-themed wedding. The wedding was being set up in a hotel's ballroom. Not exactly the perfect venue for a rustic theme, but I was impressed with the centerpieces. Love the touches of burlap and lace!
 
This mighty plexiglass Chuppah was being set up at the Four Seasons Hotel overlooking Lady Bird Lake. I counted 288 white wooden chairs and no less than six wedding planners. The lead planner wore black cowboy boots with her LBD. Oh, to be a wedding planner in Texas!

 
I stayed at the Four Seasons, so I could have doubled back to see the final look, and quite possibly witness the ceremony, but after a day of travel, tours and meetings, I chose to spend my free time admiring this view instead and enjoying the treat left for me by the hotel's sales manager (first picture above).

No comments: