Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dark 'n' Stormy Backyard Party



I am determined not to let summer whiz by as I’m buried in work, and moving. Oh yes, let’s not forget moving. So when my sister called and asked me to plan a backyard party for her this Fourth of July, I decided to forego the red, white and blue color scheme in lieu of pastel hues with fun names like Cockatoo, Sweet Lilac and Solar Power, which got me thinking of Bermuda (where I’d like to be right now) and one of my favorite summertime drinks, the Dark ‘n’ Stormy.

And so inspired, I’ve started a Dark ‘n’ Stormy Backyard Party Pinterest board to sort out my ideas. Follow me if you will.  Or if you’d rather just sip on a Dark ‘n’ Stormy, then for the best experience, use the authentic recipe (below).  Sip it on a lazy afternoon on the patio with your feet up, and grateful that you’re not the one standing on the shaky ladder hanging paper lanterns on fishing wire. Cheers!

  • 2 ounces Gosling’s Black Seal rum
  • About 4 ounces Barritts Bermuda Ginger Beer or Gosling’s Stormy Ginger Beer (or other ginger beer found at your local Caribbean Market)
  • Lime slice, for garnish (optional). 
  • Fill a highball glass with ice and add the rum. Top with the ginger beer and garnish with the lime slice. 

Yield: 1 drink.

No comments: