Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What I'm loving today: Churches

Ever since I was a little girl I have been in love with ecclesiastical architecture…okay, churches. The stained glass windows, fan vaults and bell towers evoke a sense of reverence. The presence of the divine. Churches inspire me.

I also love church weddings. I think they’re classic, timeless and simply beautiful.

If you desire to have that classic church wedding in Washington, DC, here are a few of my favorite churches to help you bring your vision to fruition:

2 comments:

Ariette Coleman said...

Yes. Same here. I also love church weddings. It feels like more sacred and pure. Anyway, if I were to choose in the churches you have mentioned, I'd prefer to be wed at St. Peter’s Catholic Church on Capitol Hill. I like churches with a long aisle. Then, the place will be decorated with flowers. It'll be lovely.

Leslie Weekes said...

Great choice! St. Peter's is a beautiful church with, and without, flowers. I love working there.