Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty Pleases

Raise your hand if you were addicted to Bridalplasty. E TV’s controversial new series in which “brides-to-be [competed] in challenges to earn plastic-surgery procedures in a quest to win their ultimate dream wedding.” It was my most recent guilty pleasure. If you caught the finale last Sunday, Allyson’s fiance’s face when she revealed her new look was priceless, which is the mindset you would need if you were to plan to undergo as many treatments as she did before your big day. But if (a) you can’t afford plastic surgery or (b) have an irrational fear of dying during vanity surgery (please tell me I’m not the only one), there’s still hope:

The Six-Month Makeover from New York Magazine. “A beauty timeline to get you through the final stretch.” The timeline includes treatments that range from massages, facials, hair and lash extensions, and nail treatments to cringe-worthy acid peels and colonics. All promising to deliver the “WOW”. Now, while the vendors featured are in New York City, it only takes a few hours of research to find similar doctors in your area. In fact, I’ve been putting together my own list for the Washington, DC metro area, and Cultura gets my vote for cosmetic dermatology and facials. Bookmark this post, because I will be updating it within the next six months.

No comments: