Monday, July 19, 2010

Blooms

Editor's note: I'm a genius and wrote this on Monday afternoon and then hit "save" instead of publish. Looks like keeping up with a blog for months won't help the technologically illiterate as much as you'd think. Sorry!


---------------------------
One of my absolute favorite things about summer is the amazing flowers that you see everywhere. When it's cold and snowy out, I miss the greens and pinks and oranges all over my yard and my walk to work. I love having fresh cut flowers in my apartment at all times and one of my favorite pieces of a wedding design is the floral element. From flowers in the bouquets to flower centerpieces to blooms on the cake, there are so many amazing things you can do with flowers, no matter your budget or style, and so many great resources out there to help.



You can work with the pros, like our local floral friends at Volanni, to create gorgeous combinations I know I would never come up with alone.




But you don't have to work with the pros to get beautiful arrangements on your big day! Real Simple has a a great article about budgeting for DIY flowers, as well as one about choosing your flowers based on what they symbolize.


Nor do your flowers have to be real to make a statement:
-For accent pieces, like bridal, bridesmaid, and flower girl headbands, belts, and much much more, EmersonMade is just about the best place ever.

-Paper bouquets like the one below (seen on Weddings and Cookies), or the ones we featured last month from WhetherPaperworks, are not only charming and extra-personalizable, but don't die (the only thing I don't love about flowers).

Whatever route you choose to go for your wedding, just make sure you take time to stop and smell the roses (or lilies!)!

No comments: