Friday, April 23, 2010

What I'm Loving Today

As I've said before, I have a weakness for wedding cakes. It's probably because I love to bake and create new, gorgeous pieces of art that are also completely edible, but the wedding cake is typically one of my favorite parts of any weddings.

Wedding cakes are particularly unique because anything goes: you can have a typical 3-tier white cake, your bakery can create a cake shaped like a beehive, or the decorations on the cake can even be made to mirror your wedding dress!

One thing I don't love about wedding cakes are the classic bride-groom cake-toppers. Perhaps I'm too modern to love the little figurines, but they've never really been my style.

Until, however, I saw these on the Completely Unveiled blog: handmade paper cake toppers from the etsy shop, Concarta.

They're adorable and something unique about these little paper people-- you can even contact the shop and have them custom-make you and your groom into a cake topper! Adorable!

1 comment:

alice said...

really nice toppers, and i also post it in my blog, really "going green " idea.