Friday, March 26, 2010

What I'm Loving Today: Wedding Dress Paintings

Leslie and I are both avid followers of Manolo for the Brides and their wonderful ideas! That's where I found today's gem: wedding dress paintings.

Everyone has different advice on what to do with your wedding dress after the Big Day; it's often the most expensive piece of clothing you own, particularly for one you'll never wear again. Keep it. Save it for your children. Donate it. Sell it second-hand.

But now there's a new, gorgeous option! For $250-$350, artist Jessica Mandela will create a beautiful painting of your dress and even your bridesmaids dresses! (Or you can even spring for a stunning oil painting!)



This is a gorgeous way to ensure your beautiful dress lives on forever-- if you ask me, I'd get one even if I kept my dress!

1 comment:

WeddingChannel_Marlisse said...

Excellent idea! Although the dress will live on in photos, making into a painting is an opportunity to pay homage to dress itself opposed to the guests, cake, etc. Thanks for posting this!