Friday, February 19, 2010

What I'm loving (this year)

Black & White Color Schemes.

I have a very classic style of clothing, tending toward business casual (with a wardrobe consisting mostly of my two great retail loves, Ann Taylor Loft and JCrew). Unsurprisingly (and some would say, boring-ly), many of my favorite pieces are in black and white. There's just something so inherently elegant about a simple black and white cardigan or printed shirt that can also be so fun!

Even if I didn't love the combo on its own, I think I would still love it for weddings. It's such a great way to instantly make your day simple, but extremely elegant (or, if you will, decidedly uncomplicated!). Especially with a third accent color, which would pop even more! The Knot recently pulled together a slideshow of black and white elements which was absolutely gorgeous. Some of my favorites are below!








(photos all courtesy of the The Knot)

Coincidentally, my favorite TLC guilty pleasure, Cake Boss, featured some black and white cakes Buddy made for Bridal Magazine in a recent episode, which are GORGEOUS!

No comments: