Sunday, January 31, 2010

There's no place like...

I have to admit I was less than thrilled when I had to go to San Diego, California last week. I had just spent six days in Florida, and I was not looking forward to leaving home again, because as I always say, it doesn't matter how luxurious the sheets, how well fluffed the pillows, how comfy the robe, how delicious the food, how large the flat screen TV, how many "Still in Theaters" movies I could watch from the comfort of a king-sized bed, there's no place like home...and then I checked into the hotel room pictured below. I could get used to being away from home, really. This resort was a retreat from my daily life and reminded me that sometimes when you're swamped, stressed and feel as though there aren't enough hours in the day to get your work done, it's a good idea to get away, even if you spend the time there working as I did; the acute stress of being hunkered down in the office is gone and creativity flows (more on those creative project ideas later).

You can't see it too well in the photos, but my room had three solid walls and one made primarily of glass with patio doors that opened to the view above, and I spent the majority of time in the area that you don't see in the photos - the desk!

No comments: