Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Daughter-in-Law Rules

In honor of Mother's Day I thought I'd share the book I've been reading lately: The Daughter-in-Law Rules: 101 Surefire Ways to Manage (and Make Friends with) Your Mother-in-Law! by Sally Shields.

This book was recommended to me by someone who obviously didn't know that my mother-in-law and my mother are good friends, and she (my MIL) knew me even before I knew myself, but I bought it anyway. I thought maybe it would help me understand my husband's connection to his mother, so I can sever it (kidding). SMH...men and their mothers.

Anyhow, 97 rules later, and Rule #3 is still resonating with me:

"Tell MIL what a great job she did as a mother, and truly mean it! Afterall, you chose to marry her son! This will most likely bring her to tears."

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: