Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sneak peek: Lincoln-Themed Dinner

I blogged last month about a Lincoln-themed event I was planning that was inspired by President Obama's inaugural luncheon.
.
The event pictured above is from President Obama's inaugural luncheon at Statuary Hall in the U.S. Capitol on January 20, 2009. The pictures below are from my event at Anderson House on April 20, 2009. The photographer posted a sneak peek on her blog. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see them all.
The event was beautiful and well-received (as I had hoped). The florist commissioned four rectangular wooden tables, which were interspersed with linen-draped rounds. The guests seated at the wooden tables commented that they loved the intimacy and the homey feel, and were thrilled that they got those seats. After everyone was seated, and noticed the presidential seal on the base plates, they simultaneously picked up them up and turned them over to see if they were really part of the White House Collection: they were. Shortly thereafter, the servers removed the base plates to serve the salads and all the excitement of the setting waned as conversations drifted into the mundane.
And I was left alone to bask in the glory of another fantastic event .

No comments: