Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The fonts I'm loving today

Fonts are important, why? because they set the mood for your party. A casual font usually suggests a fun event and a formal font usually suggests an elegant event. Of course, the paper stock, weight, color and other elements play a part too, but we're not talking about those right now, we're talking about fonts and there is nothing more disconcerting that getting an elegantly written invitation on ivory laid stock paper to a backyard BBQ.

When I used to sell invitations, I would sit with brides and their mothers for very long periods of time helping them to find the perfect font/s for every invitation for every wedding event. It's one of the reasons I stopped selling invitations. That and the fact that I haven't figured out how to clone myself yet. However, I still manage to obsess over fonts at least once a month when I get my Rising Stars newsletter from Myfonts.com.

This month's issue features two new and popular font companies offering fun and elegant choices for all of your wedding events . I am especially loving Wedding Doodles from Outside the line and Ambassador Script from Canada type, but there are many beautiful ones to fall in love with, and if you haven't started thinking about your wedding lettering or stationery, maybe these two will help you get started.

2 comments:

suicide_blond said...

im such a nerd for typefaces and fonts! One time my staff gave me a tshirt that just says HELVETICA ...
i MADE them all watch the documentary!
i agree its imperative to pick the proper one! cheers!
xoxo

Leslie said...

I would love that t-shirt. Wait, there was a documentary? Ha!