Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pie, oh glorious pie!

I am attending a pre-Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner this Saturday, and I offered to bring pie. I'm not sure what came over me, maybe it was the fact that we had two weddings this fall with dessert tables of assorted pies, I am not gifted in the baking department. Then I remembered The Little Pie Company. I have fond memories of them from the years that I lived in New York. This time of year, the lines that would snake around the block as almost all of New York lined up to order or pickup their holiday pies. I absolutely LOVED their Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie and their Carrot Cake and their Mississipi Mud Pie, and yes, I used to stand in line for hours on Thanksgiving Eve in sleet, rain, snow or biting wind for my pies before taking the train to Connecticut to join my family for the holiday. So, I decided to do a search on Google, and I found them! then I wondered whether or not nostalgia was worth $65 plus shipping. That's when I decided to break out the pie recipes and roll the dice, but then a friend called and said that Dean and Deluca carries pies from The Little Pie Company, so maybe a savings on shipping will make me less cheap. Well, it didn't, but I have decided to visit the Georgetown store this week to see if I find my favorite. I'm already salivating. It's going to be a fantastic Thanksgiving!

UPDATE: I rolled the dice this weekend and baked a pumpkin pie, and if I may say so myself, it was a smashing success!

4 comments:

suicide_blond said...

just to throw in your FYI File ...Dangerously Delicious Pies...
out of baltimore...makes CRAZY good pies..both savory and desert ones... and the pie man is kinda sexy to boot!
xoxo
www.dangerouspies.com/

Leslie said...

Suicide Blond - sexy is good, but can he make Sour Cream Apple Walnut Crumb Pie?

suicide_blond said...

if he can..im gonna ask him to marry me..
xoxo

Howerton+Wooten Events said...

Please don't forget the Best Pie Company in Bowie Maryland. I love them and I tell everyone about their wonderful pies. All of their pies are baked fresh every morning by the husband and wife team that owns it. I have used them for potluck dinners, client visits and gifts.

Love & Soul Always, Kay