Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What the stress?

A friend introduced me to these last week, and I've been loving them ever since. They're called "Stress dots". Like the mood rings of my high school days, Stress dots help you monitor the level of stress in your body by the color of the dot (the dot responds to your body temperature). Perfect for brides! Stress dots come with an interpretive color chart. Violet=very relaxed, Blue=relaxed, Green=somewhere between relaxed and stressed and Black=very stressed. Most days I'm crusing in Green until I decide it's time to stop working and voila - instant Violet - which will then peter out and turn a deep Blue and I'll stay Blue for the remainder of the evening. Now, honestly, I don't need stress dots to tell me when I'm stressed. The pain in my neck is indication enough, and it doesn't cost a dime. However, I was surprised to notice this last evening that after I had finished reading a copy of the newspaper, and the top news stories of the day (mainly about the economy), the dot had turned Black. I didn't think I was stressed out at all about the economy and the plunging stock market. It truly frightened me. Fortunately, I had a bottle of champagne chilling (to celebrate my birthday). I'm Blue again.

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

suicide_blond said...

happppppy birthday!!!
xoxo

Leslie said...

THANK YOU!

Isis said...

Oh my goodness, Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now for your birthday treat- Blog tag. Check out my blog for details http://posheventsllc.blogspot.com/ This one really isn't that bad.

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Happy birthday!

The dots are cute.

Leslie said...

Thank you!

Those dots made it impossible for me to do anything all day, but stare at them to see if I were stressed. I had to give them up!

Kelly, Your SW Florida Destination Wedding Planner said...

I'd love to whip out the card on occassion to show others what they're doing to my levels. How funny would that be?