Friday, August 1, 2008

It was a good break


The last week of which I spent hanging with my two younger nieces (in case you're wondering, I have six.) in my vacation homes in Laguna Beach and San Diego (as if). I heart Southern California. I especially heart the sales reps at the Surf and Sand Resort, L'Auberge Del Mar and Rancho Bernardo Inn who hosted me for a few days. Okay, okay, I was working, but I did pad my time for some much needed r&r.

And then there was the earthquake...

In this industry, taking a break is really important (especially when the building you're in is groaning and rocking). Even if it's something as simple as taking time out for a pedicure. As an event planner friend of mine discovered after I nagged her for three weeks to take a break. Those are her feet pictured above.

Taking a break allows you to look back at the craziness and wonder how you survived and miss it all at once.

One day I'll have a life of leisure and I can become one of the characters in a Martha Grimes novel rather than just reading about them. However, until that day, I'm back at work helping to plan and coordinate another crop of "uncomplicated, yet undeniably elegant" events.

It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Missed you and your blogging! Glad to have you back. :)