Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hello blog

What can I say? that post-vacation catch-up work is a bear. I'm pretty sure my to-do list would fare a lot better if there weren't so many things on there that I would rather not do. Someone told me that I should set aside an hour every day to do at least three things that I've been procrastinating about, and I should time myself. I just did, and it worked. The task I've been procrastinating about for a week took 12 minutes of my time. I wasted more time avoiding the task.

Since I've been busy these past few weeks, Actress LisaRaye and Turks and Caicos Premier Michael Misick are getting divorced. Another ugly public divorce. Not so ugly or public was the news I got last week that a dear colleague and her husband are also getting divorced. Of course, it's not until you learn about the divorce that you get the details of the relationship that should have given the couple pause before they got to the altar. However, I can't judge, since I am prone to get caught-up in romance myself. The romantic in me is saddened by all this news of divorce, but this news reminds the realist in me that marriage is hardwork. And the decision to marry should be given as much care and attention as the wedding.

I know, I know, preaching to the choir. Okay, enough procrastinating...time to go watch movies. It's work, really, research.

No comments: