Saturday, June 28, 2008

What I'm loving today

My niece is getting married and I'm working on a present that won't be on her registry. My niece also reads my blog, so Kelly, this is your spoiler alert. Stop now or ruin the surprise.

My niece is a great cook, as I learned when she hosted Thanksgiving last year. She's fast, innovative, and really, really good. A gene she undoubtly inherited from my sister, her mom. A gene that somehow missed me.

Anyhow, I've been busy creating a cookbook for her over at Tastebook, the site that allows you to create your own cookbook, design the cover, add personal photos, and more. What's cool about it is that I can import recipes from epicurious.com or I can upload my own family recipes handed down from generation to generation. My niece is also a healthy cook, so I have to do a mix of both, because there's nothing healthy about our family recipes, but they're sure tasty. And you never know when you'll need to pull out that "so good make you want to smack your mama recipe."

1 comment:

suicide_blond said...

one of the nicest wedding "gifts" i ever "saw" ...was a few years ago..when the maid of honor mailed recipe cards to all of the brides friends and family along with envelopes so they could mail them back to the bride... voila a "shower" of family recipes ...arrived intermittently during her engagement...
those family recipes youre including are sure to be treasured...
xoxo