Thursday, January 31, 2008

What I've been up to...

I just spent 10 blissful days in paradise. My fiance and I went there to finalize our wedding plans and for a pre-wedding moon.
On one particularly memorable day, we hired a fisherman to take us out to an uninhabited island with a secluded beach (a la Survivor).
.
We were lucky, as this island is a local hangout (read: no tourist, yet) and since we went during the midweek while the locals were at work, we had it all to ourselves.
.
(There are photos of me dancing up and down the beach, but I'll spare you those).

At one point we entertained the idea of having our wedding ceremony here and talked at length about the logistics of getting all of our guests to the island. Our plans changed at 4:00 p.m. when the tide came in and the bay started to reclaim our beach. It was at that point that we started to worry as we waited for our fisherman Sardine, with the little blue boat that could, to rescue us.

(There's no photo of me jumping up and down, but I was).

The other three r's indeed!

Well, I'm back in DC and looking forward to working with all of my '08 and '09 clients on creating memorable days of their own.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds like you had fun on your vacation...eat any interesting foods?

Welcome back!

Leslie said...

Angel - I sure did. I try to stick to what I know when it comes to food. I learned a hard lesson in Mexico some years ago :)