Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Knot? Free?

So, I'm walking past a bank of periodicals. You know the ones on the street in front of the metro stations filled with free car buying guides, free apartment guides, free real estate guides, free Knot magazines. What? Are you kidding me? these magazines sell for $4.99 plus tax each. I know, because I buy them regularly, and here is a stack of the latest local issue, free. "Take one". It was like Christmas come early for me and my clients; I took one for each. If you're in the Farragut North area of DC looking for free Knot magazines, sorry, I took 'em all, but you may want to try another metro station.

3 comments:

Eric said...

If you are careful, you can get the Knot magazine for free! I've been doing it for years. My understanding is that they give a certain number of FREE copies to the vendors who advertise with them.

Now I don't know how a Gas Station would be advertising....

Leslie said...

Eric - that's funny. I don't advertise, but I will keep on checking metro stations for free copies. LOL.

SoireeLaura said...

Wow - how interesting! I'll have my hubby keep an eye out on his daily commute. How odd that they are giving them out for free. Thanks for the tip!