Friday, June 22, 2007

Peonies, eh?

I saw bunches of Peonies for sale in my local Safeway this evening and my first thought was to take a picture and send it to one of my brides. My second thought was "I can buy Peonies in Safeway?" my third thought was maybe it's time I took a floral arranging class or volunteer part-time with a florist. My fourth thought was "can I clone myself?" My fifth thought was thank goodness I know talented florists. By the time I was finished picking up my staples - honey and the latest issue of Washingtonian Magazine - I had a full-fledged fantasy going of buying a bunch of Peonies at Safeway on the morning of my nuptials and making my own hand-tied bouquet. I've never been good at spontaneous, so I revel in these carefree fantasies. However, it's good to know that in a pinch I can get either a bunch of pink peonies, white callas or green roses for under $20. at the same place I buy my groceries. Snob the supermarket floral department no more.

No comments: