Thursday, April 16, 2009

RERUN: It's the people!

"Anyone can put flat-screen TVs or Egyptian 500-thread-count sheets on the bed, but at the end of the day, what defines the experience is the people"
...Brian O'Connor, Spokesman for Carnival's Cunard Line

A colleague sent me this quote, and I had to share, because I've been saying it for years. Although this quote is directed at hoteliers it rings true for wedding and event planners as well. In my not-so-humble opinion, the benchmark of a good planner has always been how they handle stress and not whether they're on the preferred list of a high end venue (although I won't mind being on the list myself). It's the attitude of the planner when the stress starts to mount during the planning stages and on the day-of (when everything goes wrong that can go wrong) that makes a good event absolutely fabulous.

No comments: