Saturday, June 2, 2007

Diamonds may be a girl's best friend...

but I'll take stock in Tiffany's.

I was searching for the perfect "I'm a grown-up now" 21st birthday present for my niece when a friend suggested I check out Oneshare.com. It's a company that allows you to purchase one share of real stock from a major company and have it registered in someone's name. Being in the business of weddings, I was immediately drawn to the Tiffany stock, the perfect bridal shower gift for the girl with Holly Golightly dreams (bookmarked it!).

However, I was thrilled to see that they had Apple stock, which I will purchase for my niece. It will give me an opportunity to educate her on how others are making money off the iPod she and her friends live and die for. And (in case you're wondering) no, I won't have to worry about her finding out what she's getting through reading my blog, she spends all of her free time on Facebook.

2 comments:

Pop Cultured said...

love this post...such a great gift idea...

a friend of mine throughout college and afterwards, told tales of his 1 share of Nike stock that his late grandfather bought him to teach him about the market...a couple years later, his father passed too, and we made sure to spend time w/ him and support him through it...we learned a lot about him and his family's bond in those months through such a simple gesture...

Leslie said...

What a touching story. Thanks for sharing.