Thursday, May 10, 2007

What gorgeous flowers!

The Four Seasons Georgetown transformed their ballroom into a springtime garden for an event I attend there earlier this week. I spent the first 30 minutes kicking myself for forgetting my camera. I never forget my camera. I felt better after I had a glass of the signature drink - a cotton candy martini - and yes, I hunted down the bartender and got the recipe. You can't see me now, but I am dancing. However, I was most taken with the floral artistry. Notice I did not say flowers. This was art. I have a short list of florists who I consider extremely creative and talented, but I was floored by Multiflor. My list is getting longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please share your cotton candy martini recipe. I plan to have a martini bar at my wedding and that would be such a change from the apple, melon and other flavors there.

Leslie said...

I thought you'd never ask!

vodka
champagne
pomegranate juice
add ice and shake.

The cotton candy is displayed in the glass and melts once the drink is poured. It can also be placed on top of the drink as a garnish.