Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pick 5ive

Someone once said that the budget is what separates the dream wedding from the real wedding. Well, I'll say. A few years ago, I read an interview with Colin Cowie in which he said when the budget is small, pick five things and do them well rather than trying to do 10 things on the skinny. Easy to say when you're working with gazillionaires, but still good advice. These days, working with my own real budget, I've tried to put Colin's advice into action. What are the five things that I'm willing to do well, to splurge on so-to-speak? For me, the guest experience is key, so I'll spend the bulk of my money on food, music, the bar, guest favors and welcome bags, and photography (because I want pretty pictures). I ran this past my fiance and his five are food, music, the bar, cake and photography. Leave it up to him to choose cake over guest favors. Still, our picks are pretty close. We both want to throw a great party and have our guests celebrate this lifetime event with us. What are your five?

2 comments:

TravelGirlDC said...

I am with "fiance" on ditching the favors. I despise wedding favors. Unless you are giving me something REALLY good then it is probably going to end up in the Goodwill bag.

Leslie said...

Travelgirldc - You have a good point. They will be REALLY good. I am a huge advocate of edible favors.