Thursday, April 5, 2007

No more flips-flops for the bride

I have a pair of 3-hour shoes. They’re stylish, trendy and make my legs look super-long. They’re “3-hour,” because that’s how long I can wear them before my feet go on strike and I have to crawl. Knowing this, I always volunteer to sneak behind the head or sweetheart table to change the bride’s shoes before she starts limping or dragging a foot behind her across the dance floor. But alas, no more flip-flops, sneakers, ballet slippers or going barefeet (unless you want to) for today's brides.

Couture shoe designer Mika Inatome has developed a collection of comfortable bridal footwear. They are “individually handcrafted in Italy, using the finest leather and silk satin materials.” The quilted silk lining and lambskin leather are designed to fit the foot’s natural curve, contributing to the added comfort of her bridal shoes. And, the white foam insole with delicate blue stitching not only provides cushion, but also fulfills that need for something blue on your wedding day.

Now, if you live in New York, Mika is throwing an Afternoon Bridal Shoe Party (complete with champagne, treats and giveaways, and no, I won’t be there; not even for the champagne) on Saturday, April 14th. Here are the details:

Saturday, April 14th
Mika Inatome Studio
93 Reade Street (betwn. Church & W. Broadway)
Suite No. 2
New York, NY 10013
http://www.mikacessories.com

Please RSVP to 212-966-7777 or info@mikaccessories.com

2 comments:

Celia said...

Forget the brides - I need those shoes for work!

Leslie said...

yeah, me too.