Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's not proper

A few days ago, I blogged about bridal showers and listed some new ideas I had found on The Food Network. One of those was "High Tea". Well, one dear reader sent me an email to let me know that there's nothing "high" about High Tea. He said historically High Tea was dinner for the common people. It consisted of tea, meats, fish, cheese, bread, butter and cake. A man's meal. In other words, lower those pinkies ladies. He said, what I mentioned should really be "Afternoon Tea", which would be a social event for ladies consisting of freshly brewed English teas, finger sandwiches, scones, cream and cake. You'd think the people over at The Food Network would know the difference, eh? Anyhow, I don't see champagne on either list. For me, the whole purpose of Tea, is the chance to drink champagne after brunch and before sundown.

No comments: