Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another great find!

Hearing that I'm in the market for a new camera, a friend sent me this link yesterday to Paper Animations. It's a pinhole camera. Talk about nostalgia. Does anyone use film anymore? But check out the description:
Pinhole cameras have no optical lens, a pinhole lets light in when the shutter is opened to expose the film. The user is required to experiment with exposure times relative to available light. Given a pinhole camera's infinite depth of field, the resulting photos are instantly artful with a softer, less crisp appearance than regular photographs [hmm...sounds like my Vivitar]. But that's half the fun! Pinhole cameras are a great way to learn about the fundamentals of light, optics, and photography.
.
I must, must purchase this camera.

2 comments:

Kelly, Your SW Florida Destination Wedding Planner said...

Ok, you're cracking. Leslie, you're talking about taking a step back into the previous millenium. STOP! Save yourself!

Leslie said...

ROFL...it's called retro, hello. My friend sent this to me as a joke, but the joke's on her, because I like it. LOL.