Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And Action!

In the future we will all be famous. I read that line in an article somewhere. The gist of the article was that with sites like YouTube becoming increasingly popular, it’s only a matter of time before we’re all uploading videos of ourselves on the internet and blasting them around the world. Actors in our own fabulously written screenplays. Yesterday, I finally had the chance to check out OurWeddingCast.com. Their e-announcement lets you show and tell the story of your engagement. It features a picture slideshow set to your favorite songs, and is delivered via email to your friends and family. After the wedding, OWC's podcasting and webcasting services allow you to upload your wedding video and share it with out-of-town friends and family. My visit to the site was short. While I bookmarked it for future clients, for me it was not the best choice. I like textures. I can’t make it through a store without touching almost everything. Not OCD-type touching (but maybe a mild form, who knows). It’s just that if an item has texture, I could relate to it better. It has something to do with the senses. Clear as mud, I know. But I digress; I would have definitely chosen letterpress over podcasting had I thought to do engagement announcements. Instead I told my mother and had her spread the word.

End scene, lights out.

No comments: