Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lime green, toile, dragonflies and butterflies




They don't do weddings, but you can sure throw a chic garden party like the one I did last spring. The grounds of The Hillwood Museum and Gardens, the former estate of Post cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post, is stuning in the springtime. Combine the flowering Dogwood trees and other flora with the creative genius of one of my favorite florists, who suggested the custom-made lime green burlap linens that stole the show, and you'll end up with a garden party that's hard to top. But I will try. This spring's party will take place at DAR. Not a garden, but I'm going to drape the place in chocolate, warm lighting and touches of orange and sky blue. I am truly excited to see this project come to fruition, and since my friend Phil the groundhog didn’t see his shadow earlier this month, I had better get moving as we can expect an early spring.


No comments: